Morning Rush  

Posted by a. k. a. Peachy / Pebbs in

I hate being late for anything, although that seemed to be all that I'm doing lately.

Since this is the first week of Fall 2008, I am determined to not be late.

I. Will. Be. On. Time.

I woke up earlier than I normally do, got myself ready for the day, and even remembered to pull up my classroom schedules off my e-mail. I managed to leave my apartment with 10 minutes to spare. That was plenty of time, since most of my classes this year are practically across the street. :p

I found directions to my classroom, and slid into my seat in the nick of time. But no sweat, I was still on time. I was really surprised to see the classroom/auditorium full of students. The last class I've attended that was close to being that full was Introduction to Biostatistics. But then, there's really no escaping Biostats, not if you want to do research. I guess there was no escaping Medical Informatics as well.


"Good morning, everyone, and thank you for being here on time. My name is Professor ________, and this is Advanced Biochemistry."

Whaattt??? Exactly. I was in the wrong freaking classroom. I checked the room numbers written on my planner, speed-dialed the one person who could straighten out the classroom assignments for me, and tried to get out of the room unnoticed.

"You're in the wrong classroom!"


(Well, duh.)

"You must be looking at Thursday's schedule. Today is Wednesday."

(Well, double-duh.)

I ended up getting to the (right) class and classroom 15 minutes late.

In my defense, this is the first time it happened to me. And if this says something about how the rest of my semester is going to be, I'm off to FABULOUS start.

0 comments

Post a Comment

About Me

stressed, over-worked, procrastinating, fast-talking, strong-willed, opinioniated, tooth-drilling daydreamer somewhere in NY, USA

Archives

Hits from All Over

Recent Visitors