Happy Thoughts  

Posted by a. k. a. Peachy / Pebbs in ,

While cleaning up this blog, I realized that:

  • I don't get to blog as much as I would like -- which is pretty much a given, considering the 20,000 things that I have to do in 24 hours each day.
This thought brings me to my second point,
  • Most of my blog posts (the very few that I've managed to write) are mostly about stress. Gasp! H-h-how could this be??? (The preceding sentence was infused with sarcasm).

Which brings me to my next point -- that this is starting to sound like the beginning of another stress-laden post. So, let me start over.

I read Pollyanna in my freshman year in high school (it was in our required reading list), and in case you don't remember, it's a book about a young orphan who was sent to live with her stern aunt somewhere in Vermont (I can't believe I actually remembered that), and who is very optimistic despite everything, that she plays what she calls "The Glad Game."

The object of the game is to find something to be happy about in any situation. Simply put, the crappier the situation, the more difficult it is to find something to be happy about...and if you still find something to be happy about despite the awful circumstances, then you're an awesome player (and a VERY OPTIMISTIC PERSON).

To put a positive spin on things, I've decided to play "The Glad Game" but modify it a little bit...and instead list down five things I've been happy about lately:

  1. Passing my clinical boards -- this is a definite happy thought.
  2. Hershey (Lea's dog) - she's always happy to see me when I get home (no matter how late it is), and she would run to me and get her pats and hugs
  3. E-mails from my family, whom I miss very much, and conversations with my sister Chaui
  4. Cheesecake recipe from Dorie, one of our assistants, which I will try to make this weekend :)
  5. Having installed the A/C unit in my room all by myself! Granted, the unit weighed as much as I do, and I had to carry the darn thing from our basement all the way to my room's window, and I was sweating like a pig after all that effort, but all of that went away as soon as the first blast of cold air escaped from the vents and cooled down the summer heat.
Okay, that wasn't so bad. I guess I could write about hapy thoughts as well. :p

0 comments

Post a Comment

About Me

stressed, over-worked, procrastinating, fast-talking, strong-willed, opinioniated, tooth-drilling daydreamer somewhere in NY, USA

Archives

Hits from All Over

Recent Visitors