Trent and The Next Food Network Star  

Posted by a. k. a. Peachy / Pebbs in , , ,

One of my roommates moved out recently, and was not able to take all of her cats with her. Trenton, our house's resident neighborhood cat (he roams the neighborhood during the day, and sometimes at night, and brings the lovely spoils of his hunt to our doorstep for us to step on the next morning) was left behind because he was doing that very same thing when my roommate moved out.

Because everything cat-related was moved out, our house had no cat food or litter box for Trenton, and suddenly, he is not allowed inside the house anymore.

I am not a cat-person, and I don't know a thing about taking care of cats, but I felt really sorry for Trent, because he was kicked out of his house and home. I wasn't sure when my roommate will be picking him up, but I knew I couldn't let him stay another night outside (without food or water).

On the one hand, I can't handle a cat. I'm not ready for a cat. I don't want a cat.

On the other hand, it's a temporary arrangement (I hope) -- count it as my good deed/volunteer work (because my roommate doesn't even know I'm considering playing foster mom to her cat).

On the other, other hand, I really don't want a cat.

But I can't let him stay another night outside, even if it won't kill him. And it's only temporary.

I DON'T WANT A CAT!!! I don't even know how to work a litter box. Do I scoop the p**p up? Or let it sit there?

What will happen when Animal Control picks him up? Will someone else will adopt him and take care of him?

Sigh. It was really a losing battle. I looked up "taking care of cats" on the Internet, and decided to buy a litter box, cat litter, and cat food the next day.

I really should have been a vet. :(

Or a chef.

Throughout all this, I had the TV on even if I wasn't really watching anything. The TV helps me think, except when CSI is showing, in which case I end up watching the show (even if it was a rerun).

And while I was debating with myself about what to do for Trent, "Iron Chef America" was over, Mario Battali won over the challenger, and "The Next Food Network Star" came on.





I'm not a fan of reality TV, and I didn't even know there was such a reality show on Food Network. In any case, because it was the first episode of the season, and watching the contestants compete for a TV show on Food Network, I was hooked (even if I can't remember all of their names). I was sorry to see Corey (the comedian) go, and I was very happy that Kelsey and the cafeteria chef wasn't out of the running. I felt a little sorry Lisa and her "deconstructed designer dining," and I am rooting for Kelsey to win, even if she IS over-exuberant.

The video clip of the episode is here. The finalist profiles are here.

It airs every Sunday (and I will most likely have to stay up late and watch the rerun). Only five more days until the next episode. :)

0 comments

Post a Comment

About Me

stressed, over-worked, procrastinating, fast-talking, strong-willed, opinioniated, tooth-drilling daydreamer somewhere in NY, USA

Archives

Hits from All Over

Recent Visitors