Updates! Updates!  

Posted by a. k. a. Peachy / Pebbs in , ,

For the July 4th weekend, I took all the guts I have in me, packed up my car, and drove up to Canada. By myself. Jasleen and I originally planned to drive up together, but Jasleen had tons of work and decided to stay. On the other hand, I do have tons of work as well, but I needed a b-r-e-a-k.
Harmeet, her husband and their two kids were going up as well, and offered to give me lift, but because I needed to take my car anyway, we decided to drive up together. For the first 5 minutes, that is. We got separated on 490, and decided to meet up at the Duty Free instead. Harmeet's husband can't drive any slower, and I was determined to be law-abiding and stay on the speed limit. Despite it, I beat them to the border by a good twenty minutes. :p I think it was because they had to stop for bathroom breaks (with two kids in the car, that is pretty much a given) more than my driving skills, although Harmeet says otherwise. ;)

I also made the decision to move to a different apartment. Moving almost killed Rey and me. We moved most of my furniture earlier when Rey was here, so he could help me move things. Despite that, it still took me three trips and three carloads of stuff before I was finally able to get all my things moved out over the weekend. The last load is still in my car. I haven't unpacked everything yet. Moving itself is an exercise in emotional, mental, and physical exhaustion, but it's worth it. It might be premature to say this, but I love my new apartment. :) If only I can find one box of stuff (that I might have misplaced), life would be perfect.

We have a rabbit! Or as Elmer Fudd would say, "We have a wabbit!" Well, she's not really mine, but who cares? She's sooo cute. She hops around all over the apartment, and then lies on a corner to rest, and then hops around some more when she's let out of her cage. I love her already. I also learned something new today...rabbit poop looks like small, hard pellets. Lol.


Coming up this week:

  • dinner with Foni on Thursday before she goes back to Greece (I can't wait to have more chicken wings. Yum!).
  • dinner with some classmates to catch up since our Spring class ended (Can't wait to see everyone, and hear about Megan and Daniela's wedding plans!).

2 comments

Hi~

Hi, Lisa! Thanks for stopping by! :)

Post a Comment

About Me

stressed, over-worked, procrastinating, fast-talking, strong-willed, opinioniated, tooth-drilling daydreamer somewhere in NY, USA

Archives

Hits from All Over

Recent Visitors